Course Name: MEDIC First Aid
This course is designed to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be effective as a first responder to accidents, injuries, and sudden illness. Lifesaving skills and accident prevention principles will also be included.
Topics that will be covered:
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Altered Mental Status
- Diabetic Emergency
- Breathing Difficulty/Shortness of Breath
- Pain, Pressure or Discomfort in Chest
- Head, Neck or Back Injury
- Swollen, Painful or Deformed Limb
- Abdominal Pain
- Ingested/ Inhaled Poisoning
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Strock
- Fire Emergency
- Impaled Object in the Eye
- Open Chest Injury
- Open Abdominal Injury
- Electrical Burns/ Shock
- Chemical Burns
- Chemical in the Eye
- Injured Tooth
- Insect Sting
- Pregnancy Complications
Upon successful completion of the course, the students will:
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to meet many different types of situations when emergency first aid care is needed and medical assistance is not excessively delayed.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to aid the infant, the child, or the adult who is experiencing an emergency situation.
- Develop knowledge and skill in the use of the AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the many causes of accidents and injuries so that action can be taken to eliminate or minimize such causes.
Target Audience (not restricted to):
- Companies employees/managers (any department)
- School bus drivers
- Child care workers
- Any individual who wants or needs basic first aid skills and CPR/AED training for all people – infants, children and adults.
- Practical assessment, scenario based.
- Performing CPR on a mannequin (adult and infant)
- Operating an AED.
- Bleed control (bandage and tourniquet).
- Choking maneuver (dummy practice).
United States of America