Course Name: Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
This course deals with the study of the operation, design and function of various pneumatics and hydraulics elements commonly used in the industry. It presents the different pneumatic and hydraulic symbols and explain how they are used in schematic diagrams in accordance with ANSI, DIN, and ISO standards. Sufficient time is allocated for hands-on exercises to achieve hook-up and troubleshooting skills of pneumatic and hydraulic circuits. This course also provides the learner with the skills and knowledge to enable them to develop general scientific thinking.
Upon completion of the module, the participant must be able to:
- Understand and apply physical laws behind hydraulics and pneumatics
- Identify the parts of compressed air production, preparation, and distribution.
- Read and interpret basic pneumatic and hydraulic schematic diagrams.
- Explain the operating principle of hydraulic systems.
- Explain functions of directional control valves, pressure control valves, flow control valves and non-return valves.
- Identify industrial hydraulic working elements like cylinders, motors, valves, meters, and gauges.
- Prepare and interpret technical drawings of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Simulate hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Hook-up and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems based on given diagrams.
- Design hydraulic and pneumatic circuits to meet specific criteria.
Engineers, technicians, operators and even fresh graduates who are looking for technical upgrades.
Nasser Vocational Training Centre (NVTC)